Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Why? II

This one has been a major source of irritation lately, as I keep accidentally closing programs because of it...



If I right-click on any of these systray items, a context menu pops up. This is a wonderful feature and I use it extensively. The problem comes in when I release the right mouse button. That's right, unlike any other right-click menu, which persists after letting go of the button, these menus disappear. But wait, it gets worse! When you let go of a button, it activates whatever menu item happens to be selected at the time. You know what menu item seems to be at the bottom most of the time? Exit.

Not only is this inconsistent, the inconsistency isn't even consistent! (say that 5 times fast, I dare you). Of all the apps running in that screenshot, one of them isn't a native KDE app. Guess which one doesn't suffer from this problem? Skype. Skype actually behaves sanely.

No comments: